Jul 6, 2009

bear with me

if i'm lucky the peonies will bloom only for another week or so, they are just the most beautifull flower ever. and the pink in these peonies is the most beautifull color ever. just my opinion, but don't you love them?






not sure if computer makes justice for the actual color







it is amazing







paired with the perfect green (and i don't really like green that much!)







well, life isn't just about flowers and pretty things, you need to eat occasionally. this was lunch on saturday, pasta with cherry tomatoes, zucchini, leek, kalamata olives, feta and basil, salt and freshly ground black pepper on top







operation "empty the freezer" continues with deer burgers, i think this was the last of ground deer. made it to burgers with tiny bit of sage, capers, 1 shallot, buttermilk and breadcrumbs, 1 egg, salt and pepper and fried them in rapeseed oil.







sunday lunch salad, just the basics, tomato, mozzarella and basil







there are still lots of mushrooms in the freezer waiting to be baked into pies, cooked into pasta sauces and what not. been meaning to bake a pie, or anything really, but we've been tearing up the rosebed. my back is sore, my fingers have blisters and now both of my wrists are hurting, but the yard is starting to look better!

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 09, 2009

    Hello Lisamarja,

    I discovered your blog from a comment you left at martha stewart's blog. Your blog is charming and your peonies are so beautiful. I'll enjoy keeping up with all adventures.

    Erica from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, erica!

    wellcome to my world. my initial purpose with this blog was to keep friends and family informed about what's going on in my life, but it's nice to know others like it as well.


    i imagine you are fighting with winter over, oops, down there?

    ReplyDelete

don't be shy, please, drop a line!

or email me liisa dot marjafi at gmail dot com